Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year, Everybody

Just wanted to drop a quick word, and wish everyone a Happy New Year, and use this space as a sort of place-holder before I get to some more substantial things (including completing a meme or two) in the next few days.

I'd also like to throw out a few thanks as we close out the year. This blog -- which is something that has been a big deal for me in the last chunk of 2008 -- is something I never really thought I'd start, so first and foremost I'd like to thank my good friend, Jonathan Lapper, for not only encouraging me to actually quit waffling and do it, but for his technical assistance and general friendship. And I'd also like to thank Dennis Cozzalio, my first movie-blog pal, for not only his encouragement, but his genuine and ongoing kindness. Further encouragement, kindness and friendship have been shown to me, one of the new guys in town, by highly accomplished veterans like Rick Olson, Marilyn Ferdinand, Arbogast, Fox, Adam Ross, Brian Doan, Ed Howard and Kimberly. And I've been further floored and overwhelmed by good words from Matt Zoller Seitz and Glenn Kenny.

So thank you again, to each and every one of you. I strive to write to the level of each of you, which is why I often find this whole blogging gig to be so goddamn hard.

Have a happy New Year, you crazy sons'a bitches!!

8 comments:

Greg said...

And a Happy New Year to you! That was nice of you to put a link to my blog with my name in your... whaaaaa?

I've got a shotgun everybody! One question: We all got funny pictures except for Rick - that's really him! What gives?

P.S. My teenage daughter is stinking drunk and puking in the trash can in her room. Boy it smells good in here!

bill r. said...

Why is your teenage daughter drunk!? Why would you force her to drink!? You're a monster!!

Adam Ross said...

It's easy to call Pants Dropping a lazy or vile occupation, but the truth is we follow a strict code for success every day we're on the job:

A - Attention, do I have your attention? (usually yes, that's what the sign is for).
I - Interest, are you interested? (In most cases, no).
D - Decision, have you made your decision for Christ? (I honestly don't know what this one has to do with pants-dropping, and it rarely works).
A - Action (i.e. drop the pants).

Greg said...

Adam, the acronym for that code is A.I.D.A. like the Verdi opera. I don't know what that means but I think it means you should sing an aria as you drop your pants. Try it next time, I'll bet you'll get a bigger crowd. I can only assume you have a beautiful voice.

Bill, I only forced the bottle in her mouth. I didn't say she had to drink it. That was her own stupid decision. By the way, it's the next morning now and she's still sick. Boy, teenagers are dumb.

bill r. said...

When I drop my pants for strangers, I always demand payment first. If you do something well, never do it for free.

Jonathan, I was dumb in that regard well into my 20s. Tell her to eat some bacon and eggs or something.

Ed Howard said...

For a second there, I thought you were linking me to Krazy Kat, which would have been very appropriate, since it's my favorite comic.

Although the pic you actually used is surprisingly apt as well, since I do indeed kill people with machine guns.

Happy new year everyone!

Fox said...

Happy New Year to you too Bill! I can't wait to read more of your stuff b/c I enjoy it so much when you post it.

Rick Olson said...

Happy new year to you, Bill. The blog world is better with you in it.

As for my picture, you just THINK that's me, that's just a jolly, gray-haired fat man I found on the net.

I'm really (transmission ended)

Followers