Saturday, December 18, 2010

Up Next

.

Even though I'm not posting as regularly as I used to, when I do I seem to only be posting rather monstorously long pieces -- from my point of view, if not yours, this counts as a good thing. And one not likely to change right away either, because later today I'll be seeing Black Swan which, depending on how it strikes me, will mean a second post today (counting this one), or at the latest tomorrow. On top of that, starting today is the Spielberg Blogathon, hosted by Ryan Kelly of Medfly Quarantine (who has already written up Munich and War of the Worlds, two films I might well have been tempted to write about, so thanks a lot for that one, dickface) and Adam Zanzie of Icebox Movies (who has gone deep into ephemara right out of the gate with an interview with the band who wrote the music to Spielberg's very early short film Amblin' -- this is a post I myself would never have considered, so Adam is not a dickface, at least not in this instance). This is a project I very much want to take part in, so there's at least one more post in the offing, as well.
.
So I guess the idea behind this post is that hey, I'm going to write at least two more things. How wonderful for all of us. But also to help announce Ryan and Adam's project, which I meant to do earlier, but didn't, what with distractions and everything. Anyway, it's lasting from Dec. 18 through the 28th, so check that shit out. And check out my shit, too, when I post it, which will be soon. THE END.
.
PS - Incidentally, the above picture is no signal for which Spielberg film I plan to write about -- I haven't decided that yet. It's a good picture, though.

6 comments:

Ryan Kelly said...

You're welcome! I'm presuming you mean "dickface" as a compliment...

Can't wait to read what you write.

bill r. said...

If it's a compliment, shouldn't you have said "Thank you"?

Ryan Kelly said...

"so thanks a lot for that one, dickface"

Isn't it customary to say you're welcome when someone thanks you?

bill r. said...

Oh come on. I can't be expected to remember every word I write.

Ryan Kelly said...

You're right, I'm being unreasonable. I really am a dickface.

Adam Zanzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Followers