Thursday, April 8, 2010

Yes I Said Yes I Will Whaaaaaa!?!?

Since you asked, my energy levels are still dangerously low, so this post will be a whole lotta nothin'. You should know, however, that I have something more substantial percolating for some time on Saturday, when no one will be around to read it. But I don't write this blog so that people can read it anyway -- I write it for me.

In the meantime, while I'm waiting to see what I have in store for me this weekend, here's a picture I took while in Austin, TX a couple of weeks ago. This is inside an "Irish" "pub" (the food's really good, though) called Fado.

Because any time James Joyce found himself in Austin, TX, he made sure to swing by the Fado Irish Pub and get himself some of their delicious fish tacos.

4 comments:

Ryan Kelly said...

Actually, I work all day Saturday's, and at my computer more then than any other time.

Not that you asked.

Roderick Heath said...

It seems the owners also decided to honour Joyce's fondness for aberrant punctuation.

Greg F. said...

If that was my bar I would have spelled it "Joyce's Korner" because the "k" makes it playful and rakish.

Adam Ross said...

How weird, I once went to a pub in Portland with the same name, and it had almost the same interior! What we have here is a secret network of Irish entrepreneurs hell bent on annexing our fair country one pub at a time.

Followers